Hiya.

I'm in the middle of (re)developing a authentication system for an internet cafe here in Sydney.

By complete accident I discovered the PDB MySQL plugin for samba yesterday in CVS - amazing. Haven't tried this yet (waiting for samba to compile on a really slow machine, heh) but it looks great.

Is anybody using this? Would you recommend it for use in a heavy use type environment?

I've noticed in the README for this there's identifiers for "logoff time" and "kickoff time". Hmm. Basically, the clients are Windows XP machines, and previously I had written a Windows client / UNIX server infastructure to do this logging off.

Can samba actually "kick" users off after a certain amount of time?

Wow.

If it can, someone let me know how :)