Greetings ...

A while ago, I ask if anybody had a solution to running remote printers off Win9X computers without enabling File/Print sharing.

Recieved a few ideas, but most of them were to use pay software, which I was not able to do.

So after fighting with a few differant ideas, I got my web developer to download lcc and see what he could do. We googled the net and found the basics to LPD server, which after a little playing made JustLPD.

JustLPD is just that. It's meant as a free light LPD server that will running under Win9X computer with a printer attched. It only currently supports a single printer. Seeing that neither myself or my web developer are C programs, please be kind.

You should be able to find it at http://www.leenx.co.za/projects/

I hope this help other people that don't wish to share every computer in the office.

Mailed
Lee

P.S. Great work Samba Team.