G'day all...

Has anyone had any success in achieving the above, without requiring the
user to run smbpasswd on the samba server?

On the client machine (2000 or XP) when I press ctrl-alt-del and attempt
to change the password I get the error "The User name or old password is
incorrect..."

I need to keep things as simple as possible for my users, they're not
highly computer literate and like to keep things simple. Asking them to
telnet into a *nix box and run programs isn't in the picture. (Especially
when you've already had to push for *nix solution.)

FWIW, I'm running Samba 2.2.6 and can provide my smb.conf or excerpts upon
request.

Thanks heaps...

Mike
---