If I create a 13 char long share on a filer or a windows workstation (a windows 2000 workstation for example) and then run sbmclient to list the shares on that system smbclient will not list any shares greater than 12 chars long. I can see and access the long share name on my windows system and I can see it on the system where the share was created but smbclient will not list it.

What do I need to do to get smbclient to report all shares regardless of share name length...? I have searched the internet and the man pages for samba and smb.conf to no avail.

I am using samba version 2.2.6 built on Solaris 2.8.

Any information or assistance regarding this problem with smbclient would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Diana
Diana L. McKenna
UNIX Systems Administrator