Baxter Shepperson wrote:

Hi all. I've got most of the Samba config dialed in yet I still cannot get printing or file sharing going from my main desktop (Debian Sarge). Here's what I tried:
root@PlanetExpress:/home/bax# mount -t smbfs -o username=planetexpress,password=tigerlily //printserver/homes /mnt/Samba
Unknown parameter encountered: "passdb backend"
Ignoring unknown parameter "passdb backend"

Any ideas? Printing from CUPS on my Linux box to the Samba box doesn't work either. I hope it's something small or stupid because the Windows clients are running just fine. I appreciate any ideas/comments/ridicule anyone might offer.

Baxter
Sgt USMC

I forgot to mention connectivity is good, there's an account created via useradd and smbpasswd -a. Should I just add the Linux box as a machine account rahter than a user account? Thanks!