On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:11:50AM +0100, Martin Edwards wrote:
> Do you think notifies could be responsible for the memory leak?  Despite
> there being all of those entries they don't add up to anything like the
> usage of the process.

It might be possible that we have a leak somewhere around
the notifies. Notifies are an operation that normal clients
do a lot less than IIS, that's why I think it might be that.

Do you see a chance to run a test smbd with comparable load
under valgrind? This would almost 100% show the real leak.

Volker