Toby Bluhm wrote:
Terry Haley wrote:
Actually Dan that helps a lot. It tells me the amount of work and effort it takes to bend this application in order to fit a mold it was not intended for. In the end, I decided to bite the bullet and make my PDC double as my primary file server. 45 mins of swapping an FC-nic, remapping the lvm's and reconfiguring the smb.conf in order to make this a non-issue and prevent more complexity proliferation is well worth it. It's a shame it doesn't handle remote file systems more elegantly.

Here are the steps:

configure the 2nd samba server as a client, join it to the domain, add a dfs enabled share, dfs enable the PDC, create the filesystem link(s), done.

Should take 5 minutes.

True. But keep in mind that Mac OS X machines won't follow DFS links. At least until 10.5.6.

-Remy