Previously I wrote (abbreviated msg summary):
nmbd: become_domain_master_browser_bcast: Attempting to become dom mast \
  browser, wrkgrp BLISS, subnet 192.168.3.1;  nmbd/nmbd_become_dmb.c: \
  become_domain_master_browser_bcast(304)
become_dom_master_browser_bcast: querying subnet 192.168.3.1 for \
        dom mastr brwsr on wrkgrp BLISS
2 x {
libsmb/nmblib.c:send_udp(839); Packet send failed to 192.168.3.255(137) \ ERRNO=Invalid argument; nmbd/nmbd_packets.c:send_netbios_packet(160) }
}
send_netbios_packet: send_packet() to IP 192.168.3.255 port 137 failed
nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:query_name(244);  query_name: Failed to send \
  pckt trying to query name BLISS<1d>
--------

Looking at traffic from the originating machine, on port 137, I see:
        Source  Dest.   Proto   Info
4 x {   #Note: ISHTAR="primary hostname", others are aliases
        for $HOSTNAME$ in ISHTAR, WEB-PROXY, CLOCK, WPAD; see {
                Ishtar  bcast   NBNS    Registration NB $HOSTNAME$<20>
                Ishtar  bcast   NBNS    Registration NB $HOSTNAME$<03>
                Ishtar  bcast   NBNS    Registration NB $HOSTNAME$<00>
        }
        Then 3 lines for $HOSTNAME$=BLISS (domain name), but with
        suffix values of:
                <00>, <1e>, <1c>
}
About 31 seconds later, I see some client interaction with some valid
        and an 'invalid' (or potentially misleading) response(?):
        Source  Dest.   Proto   Info
        Athena  Ishtar  NBNS    Name query NB BLISS<1c>
        Ishtar  Athena  NBNS    Name query response NB 192.168.3.1
        Athena  Ishtar  NBNS    Name query NB BLISS<1b>
        Ishtar  Athena  NBNS    Name query response NB 127.0.0.2
At about 608.2 second intervals, there were 4 repetitions of the above
4 lines (when I terminated monitoring).

1st Observation -- There is nothing on the line indicating what the
        parameter ERROR is that is being returned in the log
2) Should NMBD be 'advertising' to other hosts that it is a master
        browser for 127.0.0.2?  It seems it should limit that information
        to any 'clients' on the host, but not broadcast that to other
        hosts, as their 'localnet', if it had more than one host (i.e.
        virtual hosts) would be 'local' to those other hosts -- i.e. I'm
        not sure it would be a global NBNS for other host's "local subnets"
        (which would be virtual 'vmnets', I believe...no?)