Guys, you won't believe, but after ANOTHER unexpected power cut, the server is now running... kind off. After the unexpected reboot (my nobreaks aren't working) the command at least returns me a message requiring the password, but i cannot authenticate. same in windows. when i give a \\192.168.0.2, it does require the password, but i cannot authenticate. again, my, ldap backend is fine.

Olivier Nicole escreveu:
'smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -U lscarneiro' returns me the following message:

    Connection to 127.0.0.1 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

To me too, but I think that your smbclient command is not valid.

It should rather be -I 127.0.0.1 I think.

By the way, are you sure that your Samba server should be responding
to the loopback address? Here it is not. Try 'netstat -na|grep 445'
and see what IP address is listening.

You write that:

the samba server indeed starts

But does it successfully start? Is it still runninng?

Try 'ps auwx|grep mdb' you should see the nmbd and smbd processes.

Bests,

Olivier

--

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*