Hello list users,

I've been trying to setup a translucent OpenLDAP proxy to provide access for
our company's Linux hosts to Active Directory data. Translucent proxy is needed
as I need to transparently add Linux specific attributes (such as home
directory, default shell etc) to AD provided data.

However, to accomplish that, I would need an OpenLDAP compatible LDAP schema of
Active Directory. I noticed that Samba 4 actually has AD schema (files
MS-AD_Schema_2K8_Attributes.txt and MS-AD_Schema_2K8_Classes.txt), but it is in
format not understood by OpenLDAP.

Is there OpenLDAP compatible AD schema available anywhere, or could this AD
schema provided with Samba 4 be somehow converted to be OpenLDAP compatible?

Regards, Petteri Heinonen