Ryan Novosielski wrote:
Terry wrote:
Hi I am using freebsd 6.2-RELEASE with Samba version 3.0.24 out of
interest does it read the config periodically on its own with out
restarting it ?

Pretty sure it does, but I never wait.

I was troubleshooting some issues today and reading the "HowTo" book. In one location it warned about editing the .conf file on a running system, since it DOES re-read it on each new connection or at approx 60 second intervals. Then in another chapter made an apparently conflicting statement about "remember to restart after the changes." From what I saw today on 3.3.x it did reconfig itself on the fly.

-RW