On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 08:51:51AM +0530, ravi channavajhala wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Why would the file name be an issue here?  It is not just one file, several
> files are getting affected.  I followed your earlier discussion on the issue
> way back in 2002, can you suggest something to try.  Really, I will take
> whatever I can get.

Firstly, let's keep the list CC:ed so we keep
everyone up to date. I'm asking what file name
the fcntl is blocked in, as I want to know if
this is a Samba tdb, or a file the server is
trying to access. The Samba server should never
make a blocking fcntl lock call on a user data
file, but will make such calls on tdb files.

So please let me know what file the fcntl syscall
is blocked in. Thanks,

Jeremy.