vishesh kumar escribió:
Dear david
 Do your root working as domain admin?
I think you have to modify your ldap database for that

Thanks

--
http://linuxinterviews.blogspot.com

Dear Vishesh,

Thank you very much for your reply. Please allow me to clarify. I have created a root user in my LDAP directory wich has 0 as it's UID and as it's GID. Additionally it has a sambaPrimaryGroupSid of S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-512 so it should be equivalent to the windows "Domain Administrator" account. However when I query samba to see this users information I get that it's Primary Group SID is S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-513 even though it's correctly setup in LDAP.

   Thank you again.
   Best regards,
   David Wells.