Henrik Dige Semark skrev:
 Adam Tauno WIlliams skrev:
[2009/08/14 18:22:24,  0] passdb/pdb_get_set.c:pdb_get_group_sid(210)
 pdb_get_group_sid: Failed to find Unix account for DomAdmin
[2009/08/14 18:22:24,  1] auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_sam(562)
 User DomAdmin in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

I don't know why it is looking for a "DomAdmin" account. Perhaps your
directory is not fully initialized?  Loaded with the required users,
etc...
DomAdmin, is a Domain-administrator accaunt I have created instead of "admin" ore "root" I have ran "smbldap-populate -u 10000 -g 10000 -a admin -g guest" and it populates LDAP with all the default users and groupes windows need to be able to join.
-u uidNumber  first uidNumber to allocate (default: 1000)
-g gidNumber  first uidNumber to allocate (default: 1000)
-a user       administrator login name (default: root)
-b user       guest login name (default: nobody)
Error: modifications require authentication at /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 1083. [2009/08/14 18:22:48, 0] passdb/pdb_interface.c:pdb_default_create_user(336) _samr_create_user: Running the command `/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -w -i "hds$"' gave 127

I don't use smblap-tools but this looks like they don't have sufficient
config to authenticate to the DSA.
Don't know what the problem is with smbldap-useradd, but when I run the command alone it creates a windows machine user:
# smbldap-useradd -w -i testcomputer
New password : 1234
Retype new password : 1234
*failed to add entry: structural object class modification from 'account' to 'inetOrgPerson' not allowed at /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd line 311, <STDIN> line 2. *

I have the schemas that provite account and inetOrgPerson

# smbldap-useradd -?
(c) Jerome Tournier - (jtourn...@gmail.com)- Licensed under the GPL
Usage: /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd [-awmugdsckABCDEFGHMNPST?] username
 -a    is a Windows User (otherwise, Posix stuff only)
 -b    is a AIX User
 -c    gecos
 -d    home
 -g    gid
 -i    is a trust account (Windows Workstation)
 -k    skeleton dir (with -m)
 -m    creates home directory and copies /etc/skel
 -n    do not create a group
-o add the user in the organizational unit (relative to the user suffix. Ex: 'ou=admin,ou=all')
 -u    uid
 -s    shell
-t time. Wait 'time' seconds before exiting (when adding Windows Workstation)
 -w    is a Windows Workstation (otherwise, Posix stuff only)
 -A    can change password ? 0 if no, 1 if yes
 -B    must change password ? 0 if no, 1 if yes
 -C    sambaHomePath (SMB home share, like '\\PDC-SRV\homes')
 -D    sambaHomeDrive (letter associated with home share, like 'H:')
 -E    sambaLogonScript (DOS script to execute on login)
-F sambaProfilePath (profile directory, like '\\PDC-SRV\profiles\foo')
 -G    supplementary comma-separated groups
 -H    sambaAcctFlags (samba account control bits like '[NDHTUMWSLKI]')
 -M    local mailAddress (comma seperated)
 -N    given name
 -P    ends by invoking smbldap-passwd
 -S    surname (Family name)
 -T    mailToAddress (forward address) (comma seperated)
 -?    show this help message

Mike Eggleston skrev:

   I'm not at work and am unable to compare your configuration with
   my production configuration. I have a similar environment, though,
   and found for windows boxes I needed to create the account in LDAP
   first (I use smbldap-adduser ...), then I must also add my samba
   server as a WINS server to the windows box, then I can join the
   windows box to my samba pdc domain.

   Mike
I have now tryed to set my server as wins-server - still samme problem

More info:
There is something I don't understand when I try to join the domain there is no traffic to LDAP at all, but when i do
# wbinfo -u
guest
domadmin

# wbinfo -g
domain admins
domain users
domain guests
domain computers
BUILTIN%users

# wbinfo --ping
Ping to winbindd succeeded

It looks up in LDAP just fine, so the link is apparently working fine

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Best regards
Henrik Dige Semark