Quoting Sallow Yang <sallow.y...@gmail.com>:

Hi,

The following are my steps:
1. Insert a FAT32 format HDD into usb port of Linux PC.
2. After HDD mounted successfully, configure and start samba to share the
HDD.
3. Using Map Network Drive of Windows XP to map the HDD to a windows network
drive.
4.Open the mapped network drive, can see "NTFS" file system on the left
details.

It shows the wrong info, could anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!!

Samba allows a directory your Linux box to appear to be an NTFS volume. That is its purpose. It really doesn't matter what the original filesystem is: you can export an ext3 filesystem, ext4, xfs, FAT32... whatever the original filesystem is, the Samba clients (for example your XP machine) will see it as an NTFS volume.

This isn't really all that different (in my opinion) from the way that NFS will make directories appear as NFS volumes. It didn't matter what the original filesystem was in that case either.