Mark Nienberg wrote:
I've decided to modernize my samba installation by switching to storing dos attributes as extended attributes on the linux file sytem. It would be nice to convert the dos attributes that are currently "mapped" into the new extended attributes.

I found this page on the samba wiki:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migration_Tools

but the link to the perl script is dead and the author's email address is invalid.

Does anyone have the perl script or an equivalent tool? If so, can you post it to the wiki or make it available some other way?

Never mind, I found the original author and he kindly emailed the script to me. He also said he would try to put it back up on a website and correct the link on the wiki page.

--
Mark Nienberg
Sent from an invalid address. Please reply to the group.