Hi all,

I'm trying to use xcopy /o to copy files from a W2k file server to a Samba 2.2.7 box (Samba manually compiled with ACLs). I'm coming up with Access Denied, as documented here:
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba/2002-June/074548.html

I gather that the "force unknown acl users" config option is supposed to fix that, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. However, according to the manpage:

"This is designed to allow Windows NT clients to copy files and folders containing ACLs that were created locally on the client machine and contain users local to that machine only (no domain users) to be copied to a Samba server (usually with XCOPY /O) and have the unknown userid and groupid of the file owner map to the current connected user."

My question is, since this is a (new) domain Samba server connecting to an existing W2k PDC on an established domain, [why] does the bit about "local users only (no domain users)" still apply?

TIA
Andrew

--
ANDREW FUREY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Sysadmin/developer for Terminus.
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)