David Morel wrote:
Bill Dossett wrote:

Hi,

I've got what I think is a pretty weird problem.

I'm using redhat 8.0 and their latest samba rpm 2.2.7.

I have a directory

/virtuals/SAMARCAN/asterion_caen/hd4008/tiffout

with about 600 tiff files in it.

When I go this directory and try and delete them,
it deletes about 100 of them or so, but while this
is going on, it says:

Bill

have you tried setting : mangling method = hash2 in smb.conf ?
in directories with lots of similar filenames, it might help.

tried that, made no difference... this isn't really a production
system yet so I can pretty much do what I want to with it....
any other ideas welcome...