Hi Thomas Stegbauer,

The terminal is indeed licensed in PerUser mode. But where can I find if he is running in Workgroupmode or domain mode?

Kind regards,

Thomas Six

Thomas Stegbauer schreef:
Am 11.09.2009 17:07, schrieb mailinglis...@stegbauer.info:
Hi everybody,

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2009-September/150448.html

i am running Samba 3.4.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 (from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/pgquiles/ppa/ubuntu hardy main).
The tdbsam is within the LDAP Server (created with gosa and Samba 3.0.28).

I installed also two Windows 2008 Server's on the first i have also
the activated License-Server. (I installed also on the second
Terminalserver a Licenseserver, but didn't enable it, to get the
License Manager)

i added the machine to the samba controlled domain. and it complain's
about missing the licenseserver on both computer's. cant say, if it
worked before adding it to the domain.

When setting within terminalserver configuration the named license
server, it say's valid license server found. But even after a reboot,
the tsconfig.msc complain's about missing license Server.

I checked also the registry http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279561
the server is listed correctly.
I added also the domainname\nameoftse$ to remote Desktop User's.

Does there already an idea?

greetings
thomas

Hello Thomas,

i have a suspicion.

1.) the license-Server is running in Workgroup-Mode (can be checked in
LicenseManager Properties of the Licenceserver)
2.) your LicenseServer and Terminalserver run both in Licensing perUser

can everybody - running a w2k8tse on a sambadomain - check if the
licenseserver doesn't get found if this properties are set?
Does there exist somebody running a w2k8 tse longer than 120days with
this settings?

greetings
thomas

--