Can you try the latest CVS for SAMBA_2_2? There were some fixes
checked in recently to address this. Let me know if you have
problems with that version.

Jimmy Roe wrote:

> When I connect to a share on an NTFS drive on a Windows 2000 server using smbclient
>and obtain a directory listing using the 'ls' command, the file size of large files
>is shown as 259190784. This is not the size of the file according to the Windows GUI
>which gives 8,849,125,376 bytes (8.24 GB) as the file size.
>
> I have not been able to determine exactly how big a file has to be for the size
>calculation of smbclient to break, but it's not 259190784 as a file of size 447199232
>is shown correctly.
>
> This presents a problem when using smbtar to create a tar archive of the share,
>smbclient cannot tar the larger files because it is passed the wrong file size, the
>error:
>
> File size change - truncating FILE to 259190784 bytes
>
> Is shown.
>
> I have tried using samba 2.2.7 and 3.0alpha21 with the same results.
>
> Any assistance you can offer would be very much appretiated.
>
> Regards,
>
> James Roe

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D