Volker Lendecke schrieb:
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:33:24PM +0200, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
Hmmm, when I log in on the Workstation as Administrator (which is mapped to User root) then I get a Groupsid which ends to 513, so I get as Administrator the Rights of the normals Domain USer. But in LDAP the PrimaryGroupSid for root is set to 512 (DomainAdmins). In the Group-Entry for the Group of the DomainAdmins root is also in MemberUID.

Can anybody tell me why the PrimaryGropSid isn't used by samba?

Samba uses the gidNumber of the account and maps it via the
group mapping entries to a SID. We only have the
primaryGroupSid still in our schema because removing it
would have made upgrades almost impossible.

Hello Volker,

that means if the user Root has an Entry "primaryGroupSID" with the sid 512 then the User should have Admin-Rights because hes in the Domain-Admin-Group?

Regards

Daniel

Volker

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11