Hi

We have a large installation consisting of many Citrix servers using 2 Samba
servers as domain controllers, using 2 LDAP 389 Directory Servers as user
database. Also, there are workstations using the Samba servers. These LDAP
servers have around 30000 user accounts, and we have detected that Samba
servers make this ldap search:

[07/ Oct /2009:13:54:06 +0200] conn=46 op=13 SRCH base="dc=domain,dc=my"
scope=2 filter="(&(uid=*)(objectClass=sambaSamAccount))" attrs="uid sambaSID
displayName description sambaAcctFlags"

So Samba is trying to retrieve the 30000 user accounts, making the LDAP servers
freeze. We don't what is happening to make this big query, I think that this
query results of running the "net user" command from a Windows or Linux
machine, but I cannot find which machine is executing that command. Is there
any way to obtain which host is running this command, or which host is the
responsible of make Samba make that LDAP query?

If not, is there any way to make Samba apply an additional filter when
obtaining accounts? I would like to make the query like
(&(uid=*)(objectClass=sambaSamAccount)(&(objectClass=myOwnClass)(ou:dn:=People))).

Regards.