ravi channavajhala wrote:
To my understanding, windows treat principal names as case insensitive.
Kerberos treats them as case sensitive.  MIT Kerberos version - 1.7 is
supposed to have fixed this.

The way to get around this is to add uppercase SPN names into the Kerberos
keytab.

Not exactly. Windows AD will accept any case and return the principal in the
ticket
using the case requested by the caller.

A service principal usually consists of three parts, service,  hostname  and
realm.
The service should be entered in the correct case, for example: host, ldap or
HTTP.
The hostname should be the FQDN in lower case, and the realm should be the AD
domain
name in uppercase.

Case becomes an issue to a unix service if the case of the principal in the
ticket does not match the case in keytab. It is also an issue when creating a
keytab
file using DES or AES as the key is derived from a password and a salt. The salt
is is the concatenation of  "host"||lowercase(samAccountName)||uppercase(AD
domain name)
(Archfour does not use a salt.)

Regards,
/rkc