Hi!

I'm currently setting up a Samba 3 PDC. So far I managed to setup Samba with an OpenLDAP backend, but adding a user with the command "net rpc user add mg password -U root" results in the following error:

Failed to add user 'mg' with: WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE.

In the logfile it says:

[2009/10/28 15:56:28,  0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_create_user(5119)
  ldapsam_create_user: Unable to allocate a new user id: bailing out!

Unfortunately I cannot find any other hint on what the reason could be. Has someone an idea what I might have misconfigured?

Below's my smb.conf. The samba-user has granted the rights to manage the whole domain-tree (olcAccess = {0}to dn.sub="dc=lohrmann,dc=de" by dn="cn=samba,dc=lohrmann,dc=de" manage by * break).

Thx a lot in advance!

Chris

--------

smb.conf:

[global]

   workgroup = LOHRMANN.DE
   domain logons = yes
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   os level = 65

   passdb backend = ldapsam
   ldap admin dn = cn=samba,dc=lohrmann,dc=de
   ldap suffix = dc=lohrmann,dc=de
   ldap passwd sync = yes
   ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
   ldap user suffix = ou=users