Actually never mind. Just found it at
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html
in table Table 11.3.

I would suggest starting there with figuring out LDAP and Samba.

Yes. Over the years, I also discovered that searching for information and collecting useful bits of knowledge from here and there and putting them together is actually much better than bitching around and complaining that things are not as they should be.

I was able to install a few production servers with Samba and LDAP just by actually reading the information provided both in Samba How-To and Samba by Example. Amazing, uh?