could you send me the entire script?

gregorcy wrote:

Robert LeBlanc wrote:
Ok, I can't seem to search for the right thing to get what I need. I'm
looking for a solution where if quota or some other mailing system needs to send an email to an Active Directory user, that it uses the email address
listed in Active Directory for that user. We are connected to Active
Directory using winbind, on one system we are using pam_winbind, on another we are not. Of course, I'm looking for the simplest option. It seems that
mail is being sent to user_at_hostname right now.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University

Hi Robert,

I used the ldapsearch command in a preexec script to create a .forward, the command I used was:

# ldapsearch -D "cn=SOMEFAKEUSERR,ou=Service,dc=domain,dc=utah,dc=edu" -b "ou=CHE_Users,dc=domain,dc=utah,dc=edu" -w PASSWORD -x -LLL "(sAMAccountName=00112413)" mail | grep mail
# Output looks like this:
# mail: foo...@eng.utah.edu

I can send the entire script if you are interested, the above is just what handles the email.