Hi All,
I am using samba-3.2.11-0.1.145 in my setup. I have multiple domain controllers for a domain. I am confused on do I need to edit /etc/krb5.conf or not. I am using
MIT kerberos (krb5-1.4.3-19.34) on SLES10.

Here is what I got from Samba HOWTO:

1. Adding entries in /etc/krb5.conf for "kdc =", "admin server =" and "password server =" is only necessary if SRV records are not there in DNS server. If SRV records are there,
 no need to configure /etc/krb5.conf.

2. /etc/samba/smb.conf should contain the list of domain controllers in "password server =" line (space separated) or can contain *, which will get the list from DNS SRV records.

3. If SRV records are not present (may be I migrated my DNS server to linux box), then
I need to manually enter "kdc =", etc, lines in /etc/krb5.conf.

4. I can have multiple "kdc = " entries in /etc/krb5.conf, if I need to manually configure /etc/krb5.conf, but only single "admin server =" and "password server =" line. How does this /etc/krb5.conf entry for admin server and password server becomes
HA if the machine specified in admin server and password server goes down?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh