Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I am having with
the DOS DIR command on a SMB share.

I have a batch script that copies files from one mapped network drive to
another. To check that the copy has been sucsessful it creates two text files
with the output of the command "dir /s <directory> | find "File"" on both
directories.

We have recently upgraded one of the servers from Windows to Samba running on
RHEL 5. For some reason now the output of the dir command comes in a different
order and the total byte size is different on the samba share than the native
Windows share thus breaking the check. All the file appear to by copied
correctly though.

I have attached a sample of what happens.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Braxton Neate
               0 File(s)              0 bytes