Am 26.02.2010 14:51, schrieb Marcelo Terres:
Let me understand.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Martin Schmidt <martin.schm...@uni-wuerzburg.de <mailto:martin.schm...@uni-wuerzburg.de>> wrote:

    hi again,

    in my case it works now after setting the "maximum password age"
    to a point far in future, but not to "never".
    So this works:
    pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 4294967294

This way, the message stops ?
see below.

    but this not:

    pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C -1

    I have also re-disabled the users account control property
    "Password does not expire" using
    pdbedit -r -c "[]" test

    Unix username:        test
    NT username:         Account Flags:        [U          ]

    User SID:             S-1-5-21-1200361472-1041780773-253280391-2648
    Primary Group SID:    S-1-5-21-1200361472-1041780773-253280391-513
    Full Name:           Home Directory:       \\fecenter\test
    HomeDir Drive:        Q:
    Logon Script:        Profile Path:         \\fecenter\profiles\test
    Domain:               LSFE
Account desc: Workstations: Munged dial: Logon time: 0
    Logoff time:          never
    Kickoff time:         never
    Password last set:    Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:35:29 CET
    Password can change:  Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:35:29 CET
    Password must change: Sun, 03 Apr 2146 18:03:43 CEST

    Last bad password   : 0
    Bad password count  : 0
    Logon hours         : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

    I could have hit on it in a moment!

Disabling this policy the message stop too ?
I'm not sure what stoped the message eventually. But I think the first one, the second procedure was only to undo my changes I have done while testing.

Regards,
Martin

Regards ,

    regards,
    Martin

    Martin Schmidt schrieb:

        hi,
        I tried pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C -1, but with no
        effect.
        pdbedit -r -c "[X]" test and retyping the password via
        "smbpasswd test" had also no effect, curiously "pdbedit -v
        test" gives following:

        Unix username:        test
        NT username:         Account Flags:        [UX         ]
User SID: S-1-5-21-1200361472-1041780773-253280391-2648
        Primary Group SID:    S-1-5-21-1200361472-1041780773-253280391-513
        Full Name:           Home Directory:       \\fecenter\test
        HomeDir Drive:        Q:
Logon Script: Profile Path: \\fecenter\profiles\test
        Domain:               LSFE
Account desc: Workstations: Munged dial: Logon time: 0
        Logoff time:          never
        Kickoff time:         never
        Password last set:    Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:47:06 CET
        Password can change:  Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:47:06 CET
        Password must change: never
        Last bad password   : 0
        Bad password count  : 0
        Logon hours         : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

        regards,
        Martin

        Gaiseric Vandal schrieb:

            We had a few users with the same problem when we moved the
            password backend from tdb to ldap.    The following
            command seem to fix it.

                 pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C -1