Den 23-03-2010 12:58, balamurugan.thangam...@verizon.com skrev:
Dear friends,

I have Solaris 10 box and samba running on the box. I have created a share
called /tmp and it is working fine

I do have LDAP server (Windows Active Directory).

Is there a way I can access the share /tmp only for certain users? I
searched google and did not find any document other than troubleshooting
tips.

Can you guys help me? I have root access on my Solaris Box and LDAP server
is out of my control and I cannot do anything with my LDAP server. I have
LDAP parameters

Thanks

Baluchen

Dear Thangamani

You could use "valid users" which can control access based on usernames and groups

example here

valid users = @"SCHEMMER\Acct", @"SHEMMER\Domain Admins", user2, tmpuser

--
Bedste Hilsner/Best Regards