I have written a brief summary of winbind and a simple cookbook installation guide for winbind on HP-UX 11. This is limited to the pre-compiled binaries that are supplied on samba.org for HP-UX.
http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/hp/

Currently available are 2.2.5 and 2.2.7, with and without winbind. If you would like the winbind document,
email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] From your post it is not clear if you also would like a Samba-on-HPUX
configuation guide. There are installation manuals for CIFS/9000 Server (Samba bundled with HP-UX) at:

http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/netcom/index.html#CIFS/9000

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard

Jennifer Fountain wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a good how to to configure winbind and
samba on a HPUX box?

Thanks