I'm using a member server joined to my primary domain. I'm using winbind because I have a trusted domain.

both pdc and member server has

   idmap uid = 80000-90000
   idmap gid = 80000-90000
   idmap backend = ldap:ldap://my.pcd

member server has

security=domain
password server = *

(and no passdb line)

nsswitch.conf on the member is
passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

Everything works great. Mappings are stored in idmap and I have consistent uids for the trusted domain on both the pdc and the member server.

However mappings for the primary domain (that the server is a member of) on the member server are diifferent from the pdc of that domain because it creates new mappings in idmap in ldap.

That means that all member servers will have consistent mappings for the primary domain and all bdcs will have consistent mappings but the 2 sets of mappings will not be the same.

Is there any way I can make the 2 sets the same? Samba is 3.4.7.