Hello,

rejoining was not possible (semaphore timeout when trying to rejoin). I tried to use .deb file for ubuntu 8.04 (Samba 3.0.28). Samba worked better but logging into domain was still not possible. So I tried to use deb file from Dapper Ubuntu (6.06) - Samba 3.0.22 (which was first version on this server). Doing that I had some issues with libraries and resolved them with some ugly hacking (basically copying some libraries .so -> .so.2). Now Samba 3.0.22 successfully launches and runs without problems. It seems that upgrading Samba is harder to do than I was thinking. Good to know for future. Always do it on a test machine before!

Thanks!