Hi,

Dňa 15. 6. 2010 3:05, delpheye  wrote / napísal(a):
Hi,

I'm currently running Samba3x-3.3.8-0.51 on CentOS 5.5.  I currently have
many Windows XP clients associated with the domain and behaving correctly.
However, I am unable to join a Windows 7 PC.  I receive "The specified
network name is no longer available."

I use Samba 3.4.5 on FreeBSD 7.2.

I've verified that DNS is configured correctly, and as stated XP machines
have no problem joining.

Per some googling, I've turned off both:

*- Network security:Minimum session security for NTLM SSP (including RPC
based) Clients*
- *Network security:Minimum session security for NTLM SSP (including RPC
based) Servers*

and changed "*Network Security LAN Manager authentication level*" to "*Send
LM&  NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated*" in the Local
Security Policies.

It is not needed to make these changes (I think you should change them back to origininal settings), I just added in registry:

Computer\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\DomainCompatibilityMode = dword 1 Computer\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\DNSNameResolutionRequired = dword 0

and after joining domain changed

Computer\HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\NV Domain from DOMAIN to domain.local

Any ideas?  My google-fu has become ineffective on this problem.

I am sorry, but I really don't know where I found this :(

Tomas.