I tested this further and its initiated by
"machine password timeout" option in
smb.conf which is 7 days default.

Brajesh Shrivastava wrote:
Any reply to this mail?

On 18 June 2010 14:19, Rajesh Ghanekar <rajesh_ghane...@symantec.com <mailto:rajesh_ghane...@symantec.com>> wrote:

    Hi,
      I see my machine password change in secrets.tdb. I am not sure
    who initiated it.
    But can this happen automatically after "7 days" as mentioned in
    following link
    initiated by someone else (PDC), other than smbd/winbindd?

    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/nt/registry/rtips295.shtml

     I am confused who changed it, but it got changed after 7 days.
    Can PDC
    ask smbd/winbindd to change this? Or it is initiated by smbd/winbindd?
    But I see logs from winbindd that initiated the change after 7
    days, but got
    permission denied. Will the "denied message" cause the change to
    be persistent
    in secrets.tdb? I am unsure of this, too:

    2010 Jun 14 18:34:00 xyz winbindd[31473]: [2010/06/14
    18:34:00.040611,  0]
    rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:563(rpccli_netlogon_set_trust_password)
2010 Jun 14 18:34:00 xyz winbindd[31473]: rpccli_netr_ServerPasswordSet2 failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

    Here is krb5.conf:

    # cat /etc/krb5.conf
    [libdefaults]
       default_realm = XYZ.COM <http://XYZ.COM>

    [realms]
    XYZ.COM <http://XYZ.COM> = {
           kdc = xyz_ad
           admin_server = xyz_ad
           kpasswd_server = xyz_ad
           default_domain = XYZ.COM <http://XYZ.COM>
    }

    [domain_realm]
       .kerberos.server = XYZ.COM <http://XYZ.COM>

    [logging]
       default = SYSLOG:NOTICE:DAEMON
       kdc = FILE:/var/log/kdc.log
       kadmind = FILE:/var/log/kadmind.log

    [appdefaults]
       pam = {
           ticket_lifetime = 3d
           renew_lifetime = 7d
           forwardable = true
           proxiable = false
           retain_after_close = false
           minimum_uid = 0
           debug = false
       }

    Thanks,
    Rajesh

-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the