On Tuesday 06/07/2010 at 8:03 am, Khaled Blah  wrote:
It seems you didn't even read my initial question. Quoting myself here:

It seems you are asking for the answer to the ultimate question, the answer of which is 42. However, you haven't asked THE question.

<quote>
Now, I use "net" to join Windows AD domains and was wondering where I
can find out more information on what happens during a "net ads
testjoin".
It tests the validity of the Samba server's AD machine account status. You can see what's happening with wireshark or other packet sniffer.

The information I found on the documentation pages of net
or smb.conf on the website did not say much about it. I have noticed
that a "testjoin" will ask for a password when the domain membership
is not valid and it'll ignore kerberos tickets. Is there something I
am missing here?

I dunno, what are you looking for?

</quote>

Regards,