Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
Hi.

I've set up a Samba PDC on Debian, working fine with XP Clients. I'm now trying to have a linux client join the domain. I managed to do that, but I cannot handle password expiration. When the domain pass is expired, in GDM I see a message "Your password is expired" but the user can log in anyway.
I used the following guide to configure my Linux client, which is an Ubuntu
10.04:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ActiveDirectoryWinbindHowto

Configured PAM using pam-auth-update.
common-auth is:
auth    [success=2 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so nullok_secure
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so krb5_auth
krb5_ccache_type=FILE cached_login use_first_pass

common-password
password        [success=2 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so obscure sha512
password        [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so use_authtok
use_first_pass

nsswitch.conf
passwd: files winbind
group: files winbind