On 30/07/10 05:02 AM, Moray Henderson wrote:
H.S. [mailto:hs.sa...@gmail.com] wrote:
I have a Debian machine running Unstable acting as a samba server. The
server was installed a few days ago after a reinstall of the OS. The
older installation's samba configs were backed up and restored after
installation.

The Samba shares are accessible if I access them from a Windows 7
client. The shares, however, cannot be accessed from a Debian client
(newly installed amd64 Testing). The error I get from the Debian client
<SNIP>
What am I missing here?

Things to check:

   Rather than mounting, can you use smbclient to access the share?
   Do you see any better errors in the logs of either client or server?
   Is client running SELinux or equivalent?

I can browse the shares via dolphin in KDE. I can use smbclient and it appears to work:
$ smbclient -L //192.168.0.8  -U hs
Enter hs's password:
Domain=[SMBWG] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.8]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        Pictures        Disk      Pictures Repository
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (red server)
        hs              Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[SMBWG] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.8]

        Server               Comment
        RED                 red server

        Workgroup           Master
        SMBWG               red

No, there is no selinux running on samba server. The server's log also do not show anything abnormal. I get info regarding the smbclient stuff, but no info regarding the error 13 that cifs mounting is giving me.

Thanks.

ever having been read.