We've been using samba 3.3.9 with vfs_acl_xattr for some time now, and we do
have one issue - when someone moves a file from one place to another (in
Windows), it keeps the old ACLs instead of inheriting the new ones. I understand
why this is happening (moving as opposed to copying, which actually makes a new
file, and thus attains new ACLs as well), so I would just like to know if this
has already been resolved in latest versions of samba.

btw, I see it is still marked as experimental in 3.5.x - can we get some more
info on the progress of this module? Apart from the above-mentioned issue we had
absolutely no problems with vfs_acl_xattr, and it really simplifies the handling
of ACLs on Windows clients.

This is not an "issue" to be resolved. This is the normal (and correct) behavior of Windows, which of course Samba replicates.