scott_st...@trendmicro.com writes:

From the smb.conf manpage, it says that an 'include <file>' will include that file into smb.conf as if it were typed in place.

Yes, that should work.

Some things you want to look at:
- Is the include file world readable?
- Does the output of 'testparm -sv' give any clues?

Regards,

roel

/etc/samba/smb.conf contains:

[global]

               <various global parameters>

include /etc/samba/smb.conf.local

and then /etc/samba/smb.conf.local contains my share definitions.  I'm
doing it this way because I'm using puppet to manage the global parameters
on my various file servers, but each individual file server may have a
different local configuration that operations guys without access to the
puppetmaster might need to change.  It seems to me that this should be
supported as I'm doing it, but it appears not - the shares defined in
smb.conf.local aren't getting served.  What am I doing wrong, or am I
running up against a known limitation?

Using CentOS 5, latest updates installed, samba RPM version
samba-3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.1

====================

Scott Stone <scott_st...@trendmicro.com>

Lead Developer, DCS-RD

Trend Micro, Inc. http://www.trendmicro.com

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is
confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual
property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you
notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from
your mail system.