Can you try setting one of the user's samba password to match the system password? Do you have an XP machines? I read somewhere that Win 7 and XP handle caching credentials for network shares differently.

I don't know if that will help anything - it may just indicate that your issue is a "feature" of Windows 7 and not an actual "bug."