On 04/12/2010 19:52, Yassen Damyanov wrote:
Hello, list,

Anyone running a recent version of samba4 as the only one AD controller in the
domain, *in production*? If so, what is your overall experience?

I am going to make such an install for a site with some 50 users (and frankly
speaking, I am frightened ... so give me some courage!)

Running samba4 in production for nearly 3 years now, no big big problem (well a couple of quite annoying bugs in the first 6 months, but since then it's quite smooth).

Do a daily backup of your samba provision (use scripting/bin/samba_backup) and put a script to monitor the state of samba4's ldap (ie:

 while true; do
ldbsearch -H ldap://localhost '(samaccountname=administrator)'
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    do_restart
fi
sleep 60
)

As for the moment we only start 1 ldap task if the samba process which is holding this task is killed (because of segfault) you'll find yourself without ldap which is not very a good thing ...

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org