Filepe,
have you considered using FUSE?  with it you could use SSH to mount most
any directory on the target server, and it's fine to have multiple
connections like that.  I don't know if your performance would be good
or not...

But you could then just set up PAM to use the openldap for auth.  Just a
thought... it might be easier to google for this instead.