I'm looking for a function from samba side:
I want to hide files if the owner is not me, though I have read/write permissions on those files.
Can samba do this?

Because samba can hide unreadable files, so is there a way to hide files if the owner is not me? it doesn't matter what kind of permissions are already setup on those files(I don't want to change it),
something like in the samba share config:
 hide owner != %U

Thanks
Allen

Daniel Müller wrote:
What are you doing? If you can reach share1 then you can see the files. You
have the right to! Even if it is a group-share
then the single user owner doesn' t matter!?

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: muel...@tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
hide unreadable = yes
on global config

This parameter is really good for my usage, it hides directories and files that user cannot access.

--
Eero,
RHCE

I found this post on the list, and it' not the solution for me.
My questions is:
Do we have a setting to hide files on samba share1 if the files' owner is not me?
and, still I can read&write those files through samba share2.
Samba share1 and share2 point to the same /path/folder.

Thanks,
Allen