Hi,

I have a problem with the combo of CentOS 5.5, the latest Samba Packages
from Sernet and our Active Directory.

Samba Packages installed:

samba3-cifsmount-3.5.8-43.el5

samba3-client-3.5.8-43.el5

samba3-3.5.8-43.el5

samba3-utils-3.5.8-43.el5

samba3-winbind-32bit-3.5.8-43.el5

samba3-winbind-3.5.8-43.el5

When I try to get all users or groups via getent command, only local
users/groups are displayed.

If I try to fetch information for an individual user or group by getent
everything is working as expected.

"getent passwd cvadmin" shows:

cvadmin:*:5582:499:cvadmin:/home/cvadmin:/bin/sh

but

"getent passwd" only shows local users

nsswitch.conf is  configured, domain join was successful and my smb.conf
looks like this:

[global]

   workgroup = MYDOMAIN

   password server = ldap.mydomain.com

   realm = MYDOMAIN.COM

   security = ads

        #idmap

        idmap domains = BUILTIN, MYDOMAIN

        idmap config MYDOMAIN:default = yes

        idmap config MYDOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307

        idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend = ad

        idmap config MYDOMAIN:range = 100-500000

        idmap alloc backend = tdb

        idmap config BUILTIN:backend = tdb

        idmap alloc backend = tdb

        idmap uid = 100-500000

        idmap gid = 100-500000

        winbind nss info = rfc2307

        winbind normalize names = yes

        winbind use default domain = true

        winbind offline logon = false

        winbind cache time = 180

        winbind enum users = yes

        winbind enum groups = yes

        winbind nested groups = Yes

        server string = %h

        auth methods = winbind

        allow trusted domains = No

We have 2 other Samba Servers using an older Version of Samba with
different configurations (old idmap schema) which both works properly.

Any suggestion how we could solve the problem?

Cheers,

Daniel