I would like to add my case for a wish of IPX support in Samba:

We use a number of CNC tool machines whose host is pure DOS based.
Don't be surprised that DOS is stilll running somewhere. It is fairly OK when we get to the field of HW and real-time control, unlike Windows and the like...

These hosts use IPX to access LAN shares. IPX is here preferable to TCP/IP because of its lower memory consumption.

Anyone knows how to make Samba work over IPX, or is there any plan for IPX support in Samba ?

Thanks in advance,
Maurizio Manfredini