Am 15.04.2011 13:53, schrieb Miguel Medalha:

really? when I try this on a windows system (on local drives) the permissions
are set / inherited correct.

You can confirm this anywhere on the net: when a file is moved, it keeps the
original permissions; when a file is
copied, it acquires the permissions of the destination.

It seems to me that you are mixing different issues. You say you observed a
different behavior. Can you give me an
example of what you observed? Thank you.

on Windows (local drives):

move a file from A to B and the permissions are inherited from folder B ->
correct

on samba server:

move a file from A to B (with the same windows client) and the permissions are kept as set when file was stored in A -> not correct