I am trying to backup a windows7 machine with smbclient. I would like to exclude the "medSchool" directory. However, using the command:

/usr/bin/smbclient \\\\server1\\D -U user -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -TcrX - /medSchool/\* medSchool \medSchool \\medSchool\\ > /dev/null

no exclusion occurs (w/ >/dev/null there for testing purposes). As you can see I've tried every which way I could think of to exclude this directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
jack