On 4/24/2011 12:45 PM, A.Dura wrote:
Hi,

we are using samba with ldap for our pdc.

And i was told by another admin, that when you use a windows server, you can only get the "Domain Users" and "Domain Admins" groups from the samba/ldap pdc.

So i tried to add a group, which i know exists on the server, to my windows server, but windows couldn't find it.

Is there a way to make other groups then "domain users" and "domain admins" usable under windows?

Regards,
adura

Which version of Samba are you using? I was able to get quite a few groups out of LDAP from samba4, but I had to add these entries to my ldap.conf:

nss_map_objectclass posixGroup group
nss_map_attribute uniqueMember member

I also needed to add GID and a password value into the sam.ldb entries that I wanted to flow.

In the end I found that some groups hung (not sure why) and the setup caused problems when I installed software (because groupadd doesn't work right). So I turned off getting groups from ldap. I am getting my users from ldap and this works well (except I can't get ssl to work). If you are using Samba3 there are lots of guides on how to do it...