I vote for ext4 also, we have been running on that for a few years with no issues..

On 06/24/2011 10:22 AM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 24/06/11 09:46 AM, John G. Heim wrote:
I'm setting up a new linux fileserver and I was wondering if samba
likes one filesystem more than another. I have to format a 1.8Tb
partition sometime today and I'll probably do ext3 unless samba
prefers something else.

We have a lot more linux users than Windows users but the Windows
users have more problems with slow access.

I use ext4 on mine without any issues. Since you're unlikely to change
the file system once it's set up, why not go for the more modern
version? It's stable and will probably receive better support over the
long run.